The Ulster University Student Fund Scholarships and Awards
Applications to the Ulster University Student Fund for the academic year 2016/17 are now closed. The Student Fund usually invites applications once a year through email communications generally circulated in October of each academic year to all students and staff.
Applications are invited for the following categories:
• Gateway Scholarship (Full Time Undergraduate) - £1,000 for up to three years, excluding work placement year.
• Gateway Scholarship (Part Time Adult Learner) - £1,000 for one academic year.
• Broadening Horizons Travel Bursary - awards are for travel only, in support of academic studies, and will not normally exceed a maximum of £500.
• Sports Scholarship - £1,000 for one academic year.
• The Vice-Chancellor's Award - awards will not normally exceed £1,000, and multiple awards to support a project will not normally be made. In the case of an exceptional application/project an award of up to £5,000 may be considered.
• New England Alumni Association Boston Step-Up Scholarship - £1,000 per academic year for a maximum of 4 years subject to the continued availability of funds from the University of Ulster New England Alumni Association for students who have successfully qualified through the University's Step-Up programme.
• Academic Excellence Awards - £500 awarded to the student in each of the six Faculties who has scored the highest average mark in the first year of their programme of study.
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are also available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students outwith the above Ulster University Student Fund. For further information, please visit http://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships